Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Get Your Art On Day 12! - Whimsy Love

working in my art journal this morning, I drew something a little simpler than my girls faces. A little whimsy fairy in a cute heart background. It was a nice change of pace for me to all my other work, just some sharpie pens and my watercolour paints and I was a happy girl. I really love the little whimsy girls I always forget to draw them!


a little later on I got all my stuff out to start working on a gift for my boy's two girls the fabric journal covers I wasnt happy with so I changed it up. I used my heavy heavy mixed media paper thats almost like cardstock to make covers. Using my distress inks and water I created bright marbled effects. I did a little doily spraying on the backs, and I'm filling them up with plain white paper and one with mixed girly papers from my stash. The girls are getting thee little notebooks each, and a Black Apple Doll made by me...fingers crossed lol I go into town tomorrow to get some calico and some felt.


that's all the artyness I've done today but it seems to have taken up quite a bit of time!
I want to get these note books finished and packaged all nicely they are simple but made with love and are one of a kind. I also used glimmer mist in a diamond finish so they sparkle, what little girl wouldn't love that?

pop over to Traci's re worked photo post for today!
See you tomorrow for some more art..and maybe a finished doll! its kid free day tomorrow so I'll have the time to sew thankfully!!
xx Courtney

1 comment:

  1. Love your whimsy fairy!! Sounds like you have a few lucky kids! I love making things for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments! it makes my day to know that Im not babbling to myself!
Ink and Love
Courtney
xx