Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Inspiration Tuesday - Paper and Words

Back on the topic of letters...welcome to Juliet's Wall of Love. Since the 1930s, letters addressed to Juliet keep arriving in Verona. As of 2010, more than 5,000 letters are received annually. he letters are read and replied to by local volunteers, organized since the 1980s in the Club di Giulietta (Juliet Club), This alone makes me smile, yes I have seen the movie, Letter's to Juliet, but this image fills my heart with such passion. Just the idea of the wall of love inspired me...filled with pages and pages of letters.
What is also inspiring me today are these
Tree Libraries in Berlin Germany. 
 
These hollow-log bookshelves were erected in Berlin a few years back to help encourage the reuse of books. The project adopts the idea of putting up a bookcase in a public space, in which people could release their used books to be picked up by others. In other words, books DO grow on trees! If you want something to read, just go pluck it from the book orchard.
*sigh* these should be everywhere! The beautiful feeling of an actual book is a fast fading notion! I will keep the love for books alive! one soft cover at a time.

I hope these two little things have inspired you! as they have me
enjoy your Tuesday
xx Courtney

3 comments:

  1. You need to check out Little Free Library http://www.littlefreelibrary.org/ Someone is definitely creating something just like that loveliness in Berlin. And they are all over the world. Hoping to build one for my front yard this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...I just love the feel & smell of books, & I especially, adore old, aged paper....nothing else quite like it! I would so love to have a Hollow~log bookshelf near by....inspiring post. ~H♥~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments! it makes my day to know that Im not babbling to myself!
Ink and Love
Courtney
xx