Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Get you Art on Day 19 - Rainy Day Art

Its overcast wet and cold here in sydney today, the little ones are playing cubby house with the boys couch cushions so they are happily occupied, so I sat down at the table complete with kiddy splatter mats for their art, hence the roads and car map in the background. I did a little simple sketch and went from there. This page is an off load page, where I use the last of my inks left on my stencils which is why there is ink randomly splattered on the page, I think it always adds a nice textured element.

I used my budget watercolour paint set to fill her in and an aqua pen. A little white jelly pen for eye highlights. I love that I can use two items in my stash and create an entire page. The watercolour set and an aqua pen would be an easy thing to pack into your bag and create art wherever you were. So simple and so effective.

so thats my little bit of art for today, I might do some more later on when the little ones are more settled and I can concentrate. I dont have many pages left in my art journal! Very excited.
and tonight is officeworks night! yes yes another silly country bumpkin moment for me! but I have pen needs! and stationary lust! its black pen stock up time, if you hear a manic cackling during the evening..its just me in the pen isle hehe

take care!
and pop over to Traci's blog for her post.
xo Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the lovely comments! it makes my day to know that Im not babbling to myself!
Ink and Love
Courtney
xx