Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Artful Journey day 21 - shade me slowly

Well I've been having a little fun late last night and during lunch time today...yesterday in the world of Jane, was blending day... to create a face from just shading no definite lines. So I sat and followed the video watching Jane add so much beautiful colour to her girls face.

these are my first two attempts at blending without having a face drawn first..and i must say I am in lurveee, I think from now on.. I'll work in colour...and just go with it.
I feel that I'm growing more and more each day within my art... I don't feel like a one trick pony anymore



I hope to fill my sketchbooks with leaps and bounds just like this one...for they make it all worth it, I'll always be a student of art..there will never be a moment where I go..I have grown all I can grow..this is my limit...art is limitless.
xXx Courtney

4 comments:

  1. Courtney.....love your girls....so beautifully done! Thanks for inspiring me to get my pencils out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifu, Courts - love the flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful feeling...growth. I love what you wrote...that you are always a "student of art" and that art is "limitless." This makes life so interesting and inspiring. Love your girls...looking forward to seeing more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so true, art is limitless. It's a journey.

    You are an amazing artist already though. Your work is beautiful and you have a great eye for photography too. I hope you see how talented you are.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments! it makes my day to know that Im not babbling to myself!
Ink and Love
Courtney
xx