Friday, September 9, 2011

The Artful Journey - Day 9 Shades of Red

For today's prompt over on Gulfsprite's Art Journal Course, it was about wildflowers and only choosing two colours (not including black and white) to create your journal page. I chose red and blue. Sat quietly as I watched the little ones watch 'The Polar Express' and created the little flowers that Christy asked us to create.

I discovered while doing this course, I am slightly in love with painting flowers. Christy takes simple lines and little accents and creates little blossoms of greatness.

Yesterday I did a background spread for Jane's Supplies Me homework assignment and today I gave my girl a face! shes rather cute dontcha think.

Today's photos from my day, seems like It's all about the art, and the food....my life is rather boring I have come to realize.
Tomorrow though, we are off to the aquarium so there will much more interesting photos for the blog tomorrow, and also I'm hoping for some journal inspiration. I'm also off to a fancy book store that specializes in art books! I hope to find a few things for my small but soulful collection.

have a good night my dears
xx Courtney

3 comments:

  1. Oh Courtney, I am so enjoying watching your art take on a life of it's own. I love these red flowers and would love them painted on a canvas cover for my next journal. (hint hint).

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Courtney...have hopped over from Jane's course...love your work.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Courtney. I found your blog via Jane's place. I really love your red flowers. I like your style.
    Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments! it makes my day to know that Im not babbling to myself!
Ink and Love
Courtney
xx