Wednesday, September 22, 2010

yesterday.

Much to my glee, my power cord arrived today! So that meant I could finally post my photographs from yesterday. As I mentioned a few posts ago, I drove 2.5 hours to a spotlight store in Tamworth, crazy as it sounds to some of you, I'm a crafter, and us crazy crafters go to great lengths to get supplies.

I walked around their fabric section for a good almost hour, laughing with my friends at waterproof flannelet making a pile of fabric choices the size of a small mountain. Emily went with blues after many choices, and Emma went with her lovely soft looks she does all to well.. I on the other hand was going for a Rainbow on crack kind of deal. I wanted this quilt to make me smile when I was feeling a bit grey. So with that in mind, here is some of the crazy beautiful things I chose.



I sat down at my little sewing desk, (card table with a hot table cloth lol) and started marking out the dimensions of our squares soon to be two triangles!

Keep in mind, that I am good at many things, knitting, spinning, crocheting, and dyeing yarn, paper craft and drawing, but put me in front of a sewing machine and I start to break into a nervous sweat.
I know with time, and a little patience I will win the battle and be a sewer as well.

but I'm Still an Artist at heart.
a little sore, after my very first mowing experience! I feel very country now hehe.
So now I shall make some soup and read a little.
Enjoy your yesterday, and today.
love C

5 comments:

  1. Your rainbow on crack quilt will be beautiful! I had a great time on the weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pics my love and a fab weekend in Tamworth with you and your friends. As your mum the sound I adore most in the world are my daughters laughing. There is nothing that can match it.
    Biggest of hugs my love
    Mum
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fabrics are gorgeous, I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fabric on crack and can't wait to see what you create. I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing the photos ~ it is such a wonderful delight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still so bummed out I couldn't go :(

    Your fabrics are super hot gorgeous!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments! it makes my day to know that Im not babbling to myself!
Ink and Love
Courtney
xx