Tuesday, April 19, 2011

an afternoon with Sophie B

It's always such a magical place even at my age, the fabric store is such a hive of colour and texture. You can get lost in the prints of the fabrics, the wall of buttons, the shades of everything, its almost as if every shelf is a rainbow...and its truly beautiful. My Mum and I went to the fabric store with my little dear niece Sophia, her first trip to a fabric store.

She pointed out everything that was pink, which made me smile as I snapped photos from different areas of the store. As I said, even at 27...its still magical to me.

embroidery threads, waiting to be turned into something grand, or simple...as simple as a dolls face on a softie.
and of course, I wasn't going to leave you without a taste of my favourite colour would I!, the wall of green buttons, where most my buttons for my handmade items come from..its not often I dont buy green buttons, if it isn't green, its wooden buttons.
and the little girl that makes my heart boom, as if she were my own...little sophie B as I call her.
She really did love the fabric store...maybe one day aunty will teach her all she knows...


enjoy your Wednesday, I will spend it in front of my sewing machine, making master elijah a crazy pirate inspired quilt. Wish me luck!
x Courtney

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo of Sophie. You sure have a way with the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is cute. Became new follower. Come check out mine sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments! it makes my day to know that Im not babbling to myself!
Ink and Love
Courtney
xx