Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Pages and Op Shopping

Another Friday, another week slipping past our clocks, I started it with a little op shopping, and I think I did well for a little quick in and out visit!

behold one of the oddest tablecloths I've found, but I loved the bright bursts of colour, like the squares couldnt conform any longer! they just had to break out in a wheel of colourful joy!

my little ones seem to go through face washers or flannels as they are known in my house very quickly, so I saw these little special hand crocheted ones and grabbed a few in different colours for their evening baths.

I picked this adorable little corning ware jug up for $1.00 thinking it was a cute water jug for the home, I got back in the car and my mum told me it was a coffee peculator for the stove! Well that made it twice as good! My darling man does enjoy a cup every now and again, as do I...so this was my fave find of the day...my mum tried to barter me for it, but alas I had to cheekily decline!
and now onto the stuff you visit my blog for! the art and the journal obsession! I've been working in a few journals lately, reading through blogs and things I found alot of art journal keepers seem to do this, so I thought I'd give it a ago... I have a handmade paper journal gifted to me a year ago that is going to become my modern photo journal- collaging photographs down with little tidbits I get all these photos printed and putting them into an album is just too straight line for me, so I started to get creative.

in the coming weeks, I will be releasing a few things into an esty store, including collage packs, filled with papers and cardstock for collage work, alot of them created by me with inks, sprays and paints...as well as some digital downloads of whole background pages created by me, if you want something budget friendly that you can print at your leisure, so keep an eye out for them...so my pages this week have been just that, backgrounds....hand stamped, hand inked, lots of pen work, and lots of love...I sit at night chatting away to the boy with my head down pen in my hand just enjoying the sound of pen to paper as I work on A4 pages to give you a little bit of me for your journals.


there is also a few other things in the works, but I shall keep that between the pages of my journal till I feel the time is right!!!
havent cleaned my house yet! so the video is on hold till I get up and make my little cottage a home again lol, my bed is covered with papers and pens there is hardly any room for me!

take care on this clear blue skied Friday!

ohhh and before I forget! I signed my crazy self up for 30 Days of Get Your Art On over with Traci Bunkers! mad I know..but I'll give it a crack!! so get ur sketchbooks/journals out and jump in with me!


okkkkk I must go clean.... I must....maybe...in 5 minutes
xx Courtney

4 comments:

  1. I love the treasures you found. That tablecloth is fab-u-lous! So fun to find cool stuff... It sounds like your plate is full of artsy endevors for the summer. Rock on!
    Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. perculating coffee is cool, especially if you least expect it... ;)
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time visiting your blog, and I am enjoying your writing and wonderful treasures!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your creations. The sneak peeks are stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments! it makes my day to know that Im not babbling to myself!
Ink and Love
Courtney
xx