Thursday, April 4, 2013

currently crafting.



Happy Thursday!
I am having such a great time exploring a new medium of fabric and thread. I can sew, I have made 2 quilts and many quilt squares...but this is a little different.

For my birthday I asked my girlfriends to get me started with a little embroidery love...and they did a great job! I have a couple of basic books, and I've been watching youtube videos, and immersing myself in blogs on the lovely thready subject...but while I sat in the drs office last week I thought I'll just jump in with both feet and try...no real stitches, just me trying to draw with thread. So when I'm stuck creativity in my art journal, I draw flowers...so what did I do...I stitched flowers, or the start of some!
I think I will fill the hoop with flowers, no real precise technique, just me making images with thread instead of art supplies....I must say, I am loving it!

Now! another thing that is inspiring me and making me pick up a needle and thread, is the lovely and so very talented Teesha Moore.  made these videos a while ago now, and I watched them then...and I've watched them about 10 times recently! take the time to watch all 4 vids, its such a simple technique but it creates some awesome looking journal covers!

 So I got my fabrics out, and my threads and before I knew it, I was making the little pillows to make a journal cover! they are nice and relaxing to just sit and stitch on the couch. Who doesn't love a good handmade journal! Lets hope mine is half as awesome and cool as the lovely Teesha.


what are you crafting today?
share your links in the comments! I love to find new blogs, and discover who my readers are.
xx Courtney

2 comments:

  1. hey courtney...can't wait to see your hoop filled with flowers...i used to embroider when i was in my late teens early 20s...i also dove into cross stitch and loved it...i've also watched teesha moore's videos (all of them) and love the journal cover...i think i feel a spark under my butt to pull out my threads and fabric...

    thanks for this great post...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the lovely comments! it makes my day to know that Im not babbling to myself!
Ink and Love
Courtney
xx