Thursday, May 5, 2011

a journal - the rainbow yum

I was very excited to get my hands on some Fabriano 290gsm watercolour paper from the Art supply store Gallery 126, I was hoping to get a pre-bought journal already for me to dive into, but I was rather picky, and nothing jumped out. So..crazy me decides to buy the huge stack of 100sheets of paper and bind my own.

and here are my results...the cover is canvas, which I sewed up with the lovely help from miss lily who was my pin taker outer. (as I came to a pin she took it out carefully and put it in the pin jar, she also was my backs stitching lever pusher when I asked for it, maybe one day she will want to sew or be creative.

I used watercolour crayons, watercolour paints, indian ink, prisma pencils and gesso to create this cover.. I was also inspired by Samantha Kira's work the angel image is adapted from one of her beautiful prints.

I hope to fill this journal with brightness, and beautiful words....as my days are alot lighter and more happy than ever before, and all I want to do is get that down upon my pages..so I know when I look back...it is possible to be this happy.
enjoy your Thursday night, have a cup of tea and snuggle with a loved one in the chill of the night.
xox Courtney

1 comment:

Thanks so much for the lovely comments! it makes my day to know that Im not babbling to myself!
Ink and Love
Courtney
xx